EuroSkills Budapest 2018 set to draw almost 100,000
EuroSkills, a biannual competition that showcases the best young skilled professionals on the continent, is expected to draw almost 100,000 visitors on September 26-28, Hungexpo, the event’s co-host, told MTI.
Some 600 competitors from 28 countries will demonstrate their skills to 500 professionals and jury members at EuroSkills Budapest 2018.
Visitors to EuroSkills are expected to spend nearly 20,000 guest nights in the capital.
Admission to the Hungexpo fairgrounds in Budapest is free of charge for everyone during the contest, but registration is required.
Hungexpo is hosting the event together with the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MKIK).
Hungary is the first former Eastern Bloc country to host the EuroSkills contest.
WHAT IS EUROSKILLS COMPETITION?
- EuroSkills is the European Championship of young professionals, a spectacular promotion of skills and latest skills developments around Europe.
- European regional version of WorldSkills Competition, formerly known as ’’Skills Olympics”.
- Held every two years in one of the WorldSkills Europe member states.
- A competition of international importance, encouraging world-class standards of skills and competences in Europe.
ABOUT THE COMPETITORS
- Europe’s most talented young skilled professionals compete to be the best of the continent
- Competitor age limit 25 years
- Each country may enter 1 competitor or team per trade.
- A competitor may compete in 1 EuroSkills Competition only
SIX COMPETITION SECTORS
- Information and Communication Technology
- Manufacturing and Engineering Technology
- Construction and Building Technology
- Transportation and Logistics
- Social and Personal Services
- Creative Arts and Fashion
INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE OF EXPERIENCE AND NETWORKING
Accompanying the three-days long competition, exhibitions, conferences and other professional events are organized.
The accompanying events provide an outstanding opportunity for European policy-makers, educators, industry partners and other organizations to exchange information and best practices regarding industry, education and build new partnerships.
Presentations and panel discussions focused on the present and future of European vocational education and training.
TRY A SKILL
Visitors will have an exciting chance to try out different skills in an interactive way.
Hands-on experiences would serve as a source of inspiration for future career plans.
EuroSkills presents a wide range of career opportunities where everybody can find the best for themselves!