Hungarian police have started an investigation into foreign funding that Péter Márki-Zay’s Mindenki Magyarországa Mozgalom (MMM) received last summer, according to the daily Magyar Nemzet.
Citing the National Police Headquarters (ORFK), the newspaper said on Tuesday that a private individual had filed a complaint with the Budapest public prosecutor, and police investigators have started an investigation against “an unidentified suspect on suspicion of embezzlement and money laundering”.
Márki-Zay, the one-time opposition candidate for prime minister, said in a podcast at the end of August that in mid-June last year MMM had received several hundred million forints from people in the United States. Action for Democracy sent the amount in a single transfer, he added.
Márki-Zay insists that MMM — Everyone’s Hungary Movement — is not subject to party financing rules since it is not a party, and the US money was not spent on the election campaign, the paper said.
- read also: Are most Hungarians dissatisfied with the opposition? – poll
Márki-Zay’s press release
“Máté Kocsis looking for national security risks in the wrong place
The Movement for All for Hungary welcomes Máté Kocsis’ concern that foreign influence may pose a national security risk to Hungary.
However, unlike him, we believe that it is not the acceptance of micro-donations and the financing of information campaigns that poses a national security risk, but rather the following cases, among others, which have not been investigated to date, constitute treason in any state governed by the rule of law:
– the betrayal of the EU and NATO, the open and unhindered operation of a Russian spy bank and hackers in Hungary, with the knowledge of – the purchase and administration of thousands of demonstrably unnecessary ventilators and hundreds of thousands of the demonstrably least effective Chinese vaccine to thousands of Hungarian pensioners, resulting in the largest number of deaths from the epidemic in Hungary in 2021, while Szijjártó’s friends made billions in profitsPéter Szíjjártó, who received a medal from Lavrov for serving Russian interests
– the resettlement of known criminals and internationally wanted terrorists in Hungary through the Rogán resettlement bond scheme, the smuggling of Gruevski despite international persecution,
– thousands of billions of taxpayer subsidies for the Belgrade railway and Fudan University projects, which serve only Chinese interests
– the extradition and release of the Azeri assassin by Orbán after millions of dollars are paid into a secret Hungarian account
Should there be time to examine the financing of our enlightenment campaign alongside these high-priority national security issues, we will be happy to demonstrate that it was not only transparent and legitimate, but its historical antecedents are well known to the former Soros-backed Viktor Orbán, who wrote his thesis on the Polish Solidarity movement’s support from the West, under Pope John Paul II.
Mindenki Magyarországa Mozgalom (MMM) remains committed to the sovereignty and western orientation of our country, and we expect the same from the government of Hungary!”
Read alsoOSCE raises several objections to the 2022 elections in Hungary
Source: MTI, Márki-Zay
please make a donation here