Alpár Kató | Feb 20, 2019 | 1
Spirit Hotel Thermal Spa is the Hotel of the Year 2016
According to szeretlekmagyarorszag.hu, the ‘Hotel of the Year 2016’ awards were presented last week in Budapest. This was the fourth year that the Hungarian Association of Hotels and Restaurants invited entries for the competition. The Spirit Hotel Thermal Spa of Sárvár won the highest, 5 star category.
Among the 4 star hotels, Buda Castle Fashion Hotel was chosen as the best in the capital city, while Kolping Hotel Spa & Family Resort of Alsópáhok is the best in the countryside. In the 3 star hotel category, The Three Corners Hotel Art became the best of 2016.
Special prizes were also awarded at the ceremony:
- Erzsébet Királyné Hotel of Gödöllő received a prize for the most dynamic growth performance
- Zenit Hotel Balaton of Vonyarcvashegy received a prize for innovation
- Radisson Blu Béke Hotel Budapest received a prize for best staff policy
- Ibis Styles Budapest City won the Phoenix Prize
- Buddha Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace received the prize for the best thematic hotel of the year
The jury took into consideration the standard of operation, market share and growth, the satisfaction of guests, the education and satisfaction of the staff, and social responsibility acts of the institutions. There were also so called mystery tests executed in each hotel, which also added to the final results.
All in all, 16 hotels entered the competition.