Budapest, February 8 (MTI) – The local court in Szeged passed 80 decisions last week against suspects who had illegally entered Hungary, a spokeswoman for the court said on Monday.

The court ruled for the expulsion of 68 people for 12 months and of another seven for two years, Erika Pragai Juhasz told MTI.

It handed suspended prison sentences to five other suspects, she said.

Most of the suspects claimed to be Kosovar, Moroccan, Albanian, Pakistani or Turkish nationals. The others said they were Serbian, Iranian, Palestinian or Cuban citizens.

They crossed into Hungary by climbing under or over the fence Hungary erected last year along its southern border to quell an unprecedented wave of migrants.

The rulings are final since none of the suspects submitted appeals to the court, the spokeswoman said.

Photo: MTI

Source: http://mtva.hu/hu/hungary-matters

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.