Daily News | Sep 21, 2018 | 1
Dzsudzsák is no longer the most valuable Hungarian footballer
Transfermarkt’s data suggests that Balázs Dzsudzsák is no longer the most valuable Hungarian football player, reports nemzetisport.hu. Dzsudzsák, who is currently playing as a winger for UAE club Al Wahda FC, was overtaken by a Yugoslavian-born Hungarian footballer, Nemanja Nikolics.
Nemanja Nikolics is a Yugoslavian-born Hungarian footballer who plays as a striker for Major League Soccer club Chicago Fire. He began his career with his brother at FK Senta. In 2008, he was signed by Kaposvár. He scored 30 goals in just 49 matches, and many top Hungarian sides wanted to sign him including Újpest, Ferencváros and Videoton. He joined the Chicago Fire for a reported transfer fee of $3 million in 2016.
Nikolics had a marvellous season this year, and he received many awards:
- Nikolics, with 24 scores, was awarded with the MLS Golden Boot (which has been awarded since the 2005 season to Major League Soccer’s regular season leading scorer). With his 24 goals, he broke the club record of 18 goals set in 2000 by Ante Razov.
- He also won the MLS Best XI, which is an annual acknowledgement of the best eleven players in Major League Soccer.
- Nemanja Nikolics was also named the Chicago Fire’s Most Valuable Player in his first season. He was the only Fire player to appear in all 34 regular season matches. Nikolic led the league with six multi-goal games, with five of his strikes being game-winners.
- He recived third place for the Landon Donovan MLS Most Valuable Player, and he was one of the three finalists for the MLS Newcomer of the Year, which he did not win unfortunately.
Based on their estimated transfer fees, Nikolics is worth EUR 4.5 million, so his value increased a lot within one year, while Dzsudzsák’s estimated value decreased a lot. He was the most valuable Hungarian footballer for a long time, and now he is worth EUR 4.25 million.
Balázs Dzsudzsák began his football career at his hometown club Debreceni VSC where he was winning consecutive league titles in each season before he departed to PSV in 2008, ending the season with the Eredivisie title. He joined Dynamo Moscow in 2012. He joined Turkish side Bursaspor in 2015. He is currently playing as a winger for UAE club Al Wahda FC.
Transfermarkt’s data revealed the top 5 most valuable Hungarian footballers to be:
- Nemanja Nikolics (Chicago Fire) EUR 4.5 million
- Balázs Dzsudzsák (al-Vahda) EUR 4.25 million
- Péter Gulácsi (RB Leipzig) EUR 4 million
- Ádám Nagy (Bologna) EUR 3.5 million
- Tamás Kádár (Dinamo Kijev) EUR 2 million and Ádám Szalai (Hoffenheim) EUR 2 million
Featured image: commons.wikimedia.org By Екатерина Лаут